Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Workout today (or lack thereof)

Well, Dave and I worked from home today considering we have about 7-8" of snow.  My goal was to go out for a run, but after running out for a quick lunch, Dave mentioned a few times that he thought it would be too icy.  I'm pretty sure that was his code for "I'm concerned you're going to fall and kill yourself, please don't go run" so I stayed inside and snuggled with Riley all afternoon.  I was feeling pretty guilty about my laziness, so after dinner I busted out 2 sets of 20 crunches, bicycles, reverse crunches, planks and side planks (well, I only made it through one set of the side planks... they are my nemesis!).

Thursday is going to be a looooong day.  I have 6 candidates coming for interviews and then my brother is coming into town to go skiing with some friends and wants to meet up for dinner, so Dave and I will head downtown to have dinner with him.

Friday is another 6 candidate day, so I can pretty much plan on not getting a workout in Thursday or Friday.  So... tomorrow and Wednesday it is.  My goal is to run at least 2 miles each day... I need to start getting back into it more regularly and not beating myself up over not gettng in my prescribed 3 miles.  I ran the Vancouver Half last May on one run during the week and a long run on the weekend (albeit, I had a decent base), but I can't stop doing this "all or nothing" garbage, where a run isn't worth going on if I can't do it 3x during the week for at least 30 minutes.

And... I need to actually register for the 1/2 marathon at the end of March... having paid money will hopefully help kick my butt into gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment