Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Swapping a long run for painting... again

Well, the snow has finally finished (we ended up with about 16") and the rains have come in and started to melt it all.  I'm still a little apprehensive to run outside given the slush and ice, so decided to tackle a home improvement project today instead.  I will take Riley out and see how well the public trails are salted tomorrow.  My goal is a 60 minute run (hopefully about 6 miles).  Still need to break in the new shoes and see if they are going to work for me.

Anyway, Dave and I have been drooling over those fancy closet organization systems for awhile.  you know, the ones that have drawers built in and look like furniture?  We decided that would be our January house project so we have been researching and finally purchased a custom designed system from easyclosets.com.  So far, I'm impressed.  We provided the closet floorplan (measurements, etc) and told them what I use the closet for (i.e., how much tall hanging space, drawer space, shelves, etc do I need) and they custom designed something for us for free.  We purchased the system, and now we are taking advantage of their free shipping and waiting for it to arrive (ETA next Friday 1/27).  So this weekend's project was taking down the old wire shelving, filling in the holes and painting. We didn't really want to buy more paint and had JUST enough left over from painting the master bedroom and hallway so I decided to stick to that.  I added some plyometrics into the mix on the second coat so I wouldn't have to use the ladder :)

For now, all of my clothes are in my office and I am so excited to show you the before and after pictures next weekend!

On the docket this week: my first allergy shot appointment.  Hopefully this will start making me feel better around Riley, but it's going to be a long road (3-5 years of shots... yuck!)

No comments:

Post a Comment