Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

amazing dinner

I know, I know, 2 posts in one day. But I had to blog about the amazing dinner we just had.

We tried 2 new recipes, which always makes me a little nervous but they were both a huge success.

The first was these Maple Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops (yum)!

But the star of this dish was the decadent Mushroom Risotto we made.  We had risotto for the first time several months ago and all I've been reading is about how difficult it is to do well (um, Gordon Ramsey anyone?).  Not sure if ours would pass the Hell's Kitchen test, but it was pretty amazing.  Very time intensive (you kind of had to babysit it) but well worth it.

Dave cut up fruit for dessert and normally I am firmly in the "fruit is not dessert!" camp, but this was the perfect sweet topper to a very savory meal.

We LOVE trying new recipes, but the hustle and bustle of the work week doesn't always lend itself to doing so.  Thankfully the snow put all of our plans on hold.  After my run and after Dave shoveled the driveway, we hung out for a bit and then took Riley out to play in the snow. She loved it.  We came home, hunkered down and watched The Help, and then set out to create dinner.  It was glorious.  We are hoping for a bit more snow tonight so we won't have to feel guilty about working from home tomorrow :)

2 comments:

  1. That HowSweetEats blog is seriously amazing. We've probably made 5 or 6 of her recipes and have been super pleased every time. I've been meaning to try those pork chops too, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete