Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

First long run on the FIRST program

as I mentioned, I have 9 weeks until my next half marathon.  So I decided to do a few workouts this week from the first week and a few from the 2nd, since starting on Monday I will officially have to be in week 3 of workouts. We ended up doing 8 miles. We were supposed to target a 10:22 pace (30 sec/mile slower than what will be our half marathon pace).  Today was one of those days where everything felt awesome - perfect temperature, sunny, my legs felt great!  Because my Garmin is still acting up (more on that later), I used the Marathon app for Windows Phone, and my running buddy's Garmin was working.  According to Marathon - we ran 8.4 miles in 1:21:00 (9:38 pace).  According to Garmin, we ran 8.0 miles in 1:21:00 (10:07 pace).  Regardless, I'll take it!  I do have some sore legs and 5-6 blisters, but nothing that won't heal quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment