Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Bikes...

So I did end up running on Thursday.  3 cold miles with Riley, who was being such a pooper that she was slowing me down by the end.  It felt fantastic though.  I ran last Sunday with some of my old Team buddies and we did just under 4 miles.

The hubs and I decided during the week before Christmas we are going to paint our master bedroom. We had our eyes on this Ralph Lauren "suede" textured paint so we went this this specialty paint store to go take a look at it.  Bottom line: we went into a totally different direction, but the paint store happened to be right next door to a bike store, so I asked hubs if he wanted to go in (our current plan is to buy each other bikes for our birthdays in February).

We decided to just browse, and turned down the saleslady's offer to help, until I realized we had NO IDEA what we were looking at.  jeebus bikes are extremely involved.  Hubs made a comment at one point "man this is an investment"

apparently I'm too big (aka tall and long legged) for a woman's bike, so we were both looking at Men's hybrid bikes (a little cheaper than road bikes).  We looked at the trail system and it is about 17 miles to work from our house.  with some pretty nasty hills.  We will probably start out really slow.... (aka, buy something for the car to put our bikes on the back and just do trails) because road biking freaks us both out.  But, it's something we'd like to work into our workout routine, especially for the gorgeous spring/summer months here in the PacNW. First order of business: padded shorts.  my ass was screaming just looking at the bike seats!

We went to the hubs Christmas party last night and one hubs' friend's girlfriends asked me when my next race was (she knows I run, and she ran her first half in June of last year).  I realized I really don't have anything on the calendar, which sucks.  I need to book something soon to get me motivated.  There's been talk of the Wenatchee half marathon in April, but I don't know.

Shameful confession:  I did a local half marathon last year where I didn't get a medal, and I was pretty pissed.  I don't want to do local races if I'm not going to get the cool hardware.  Petty, party of me....

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I totally understand picking races based on the swag. If I am pounding out 13.1 miles, I want something shiny and fun to show off!

    ReplyDelete