Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Absent blogger

party of me.  Dave and I got our hands on a runner's lifting guide put together for a runner friend of mine.  What we didn't take into account, is that my friend is much stronger than we are.

We headed to the gym last Tuesday (yes, an entire week ago) and proceeded to do all of the workouts (with corresponding recommended weights) and were so sore over the next few days that even walking up/down the stairs hurt (I blame the dead lifts - evil).  I got a short 2 mile run in on Thursday, and had good intentions to meet up with friends on Christmas Eve for a run, but sickness and weather made us postpone.

I need to get this running into high gear if I'm going to be ready for 13.1 at the end of March.

The good news? we are headed to Hawaii on Thursday night and we are determined to do one hike/active healthy thing per day so we don't become total beach bums (which isn't really our style anyway!).  Maybe a run to explore waikiki or honolulu? I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment