Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Work

So yesterday ended up being a rest day because of work.  I'm recruiter by day, and while it's a fun  job, I put in a lot of hours.  yesterday I had a dinner to go to with candidates, so when all was said and done, I was at work from 8:30am and didn't get home until about 9:30pm.  I brought all of my running stuff with me and planned to sneak out around 4 to get a few miles in.  Then I realized I forgot to charge my Garmin and I wasn't feeling a "just run and don't care about time/distance, etc" so I called up a friend who has a Garmin to see if he was around to run.  No dice since he ran the Seattle half marathon yesterday.  Then I looked outside and it was pretty much dark and  realized my only reflective schtuff was on my shoes.  so: rest day.

The hubs, however, is not a recruiter so he went home and went to the gym without me.  We decided we'll go together tonight, and then tomorrow my running friend will be ready to get a few miles in so we'll run together in the afternoon while hubs takes a rest day.  I'm so much more motivated when I have people around me to help me.

We also started looking at bikes.  We aren't getting each other Christmas presents this year because we are going to Hawaii over the New Year, so we started talking about potentially buying each other bikes for our birthdays (both in February).  Bikes are EXPENSIVE!  I was thinking they would be $100-$200... um. no.  So we may need to rethink that plan.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment