Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Context is a good thing, no?

alright… so why did I create this blog? Well, I created it for me. I do a lot of things for a lot of other people. I work so that my boss looks good (he would agree, it’s cool). I bring home a paycheck so that the hubs and I can live in a nice house and have nice things (don’t worry, he contributes just as much as me!).

I was thinking the other day… what do I do just for me?
1. I run. Oh i hate it, but I love it.
2. I bake. and then I give my goods away to my co-workers and the hubs’ coworkers because I have no self control.
3. I make jewelry/crafts. I enjoy designing and have done a decent job on our house (though, it’s still a work in progress)

For now, I’m not going public with this (aka it’s not on Facebook). I have followed a few folks that have inspired me along the way with their running stories, and I welcome followers, but most likely they will be people I’ve never met, and I’m okay with that.

So, why now? about a year ago, I decided to start training for a marathon. I got hooked up with a fabulous Team, thanks to an old manager, and I ran my little heart out. I ran 3 half-marathons and 1 full marathon in 6 months. I made amazing friends.

and then life got in the way. My last race was the Vancouver half marathon on May 1st. I ran sporadically throughout the month of May but have been pretty lazy since then. Work has been busy and I was busy getting married and all that fun stuff, but there’s no excuse.

I ran my first mile in several months the other day. it was awful. I hurt. This is my accountability mechanism to get back into running and will be sprinkled with other tidbits that make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment