Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Progress

Well, the good news is that the hubs and I went to the gym on Friday and on Saturday.  In fact, on Saturday I even ran to the gym (about a mile and a half) and then did 3 miles on the bike.   I want to start taking a more wholistic approach to working out (meaning - not just run).  I've exclusively ran for a year and a half (minus the 5 month break) and I decided I need to be a more well rounded athlete.  i'd like to start lifting a bit (especially to strengthen my core) and the hubs and I want to buy bikes

After we  got home from the gym, I convinced the hubs that since we aren't going home for Christmas (our families live in the midwest) we need to have a real tree this year.  We went to Home Depot and picked it up and then spent the next 10 hours struggling to get it up  We finally got it up, got lights and beads on it, and it fell.  This prompted a 10:30pm run to Fred Meyer to pick up a new stand, and ended with a flathead screwdriver and rubber mallet to chisel away at the knots on the trunk.

Good news - the tree has now been standing for 12 hours!  The other perk is that I got a fantastic arm workout yesterday from all the lifting and holding.  However, coupled with my actual arm workout yesterday, I'm extremely sore today.  We decided not to go to the gym this morning - we'll see how I feel this afternoon.

My post on being "thin" and trying to get in shape is coming - stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment